Even in the depths of a cold, dark, and dry winter, the holidays are a bright spot. Enjoy the company of friends and family, indulge in delicious foods, and, perhaps even, splurge on a dream vacation. However, the festive season can also adversely affect your skin.
All your holiday travel, stress, and changes in diet can wreak havoc on your typical routines, making now an opportune time to treat yourself to some medical skin care in San Antonio, TX.
Your skin’s health leaves a lasting impression on others and contributes tremendously to your overall happiness and well-being. As Dr. Barrera will tell you during your consultation, your skin care shouldn’t be inconsistent — you need to keep up with it daily to compensate for the fact that your skin cells are always dying, growing, shedding, and forming new layers.
Include these four fundamental steps in your skin care regimen.
- Cleanse: Clears your pores of environmental pollutants, dirt, excess oil, and dead cells that have accumulated throughout the day.
- Tone: Toner removes all residue from cleaning and should be an integral part of making your skin as clean as possible.
- Moisturize: Moisturizing encourages your skin to retain its elasticity, youth, suppleness, and glow, and is a crucial aspect of a skin care routine.
- Check-ups: Regular check-ups of your skin for blemishes, sunspots, and moles can help prevent the early onset of skin growths — benign, like freckles, or more sinister, such as skin cancers.
Products for Your Skin Care Routine
Dr. Barrera and his team provide a medical skin care line of products which include SkinCeuticals and Senté. We suggest you try products from these two lines under expert guidance.
Dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and med spas use this U.S.-made clinical skin care range for daily maintenance and to complement aesthetic procedures. The products’ formulation corrects signs of aging, protects healthy skin, and prevents future damage.
Dr. Barrera is one of the most knowledgeable vendors of SkinCeuticals in San Antonio, TX, and especially over the holiday season, he recommends the cleansers, masks, and exfoliators from this product range.
Top-selling SkinCeuticals products to consider for the holidays include the following.
- SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic serum: Helps protect your skin from environmental and sun damage and works to brighten and tone the skin.
- SkinCeuticals Retinol Cream: A good option for simultaneously addressing multiple signs of aging — minimizing fine lines and wrinkles, improving uneven skin tone, restoring skin firmness, and shrinking enlarged pores.
Backed by scientific research and medical studies, Senté’s flagship products are moisturizers, offering deep, long-lasting moisturization that nourishes the skin, helping it perform its natural, youthful function well into older age.
Here are our patients’ favorite Senté products for the holidays.
- Nourish & Brighten: Deeply hydrating eye cream that helps brighten the undereye area paired with a nourishing cream designed to repair and replenish dry skin.
- Face & Neck Repair: Intensely moisturizing repair cream for visibly healthier-looking skin, paired with a firming cream designed to improve the neck and décolleté area.
Start Planning for Brighter Holiday Skin Now!
The healthier-looking your skin is now, the better it will appear throughout the holiday season. Dr. José Barrera, MD, recommends a personalized consultation to learn more about your specific skin needs and the array of options available to revitalize your appearance.