A rhinoplasty, or nose job, is an extremely popular plastic surgery procedure for men today, with tens of thousands of men seeing plastic surgeons for nose reshaping every year. But why is it so popular with male patients — and how can it make the male face more attractive with a more appealing profile?
Well, for starters, your nose is right in the center of your face, and if it’s too large, too small, or too wide, it can completely throw off your entire look. If your nose has a hump on it or some other imperfection, everyone can see it. And usually, for a man, no makeup or hairstyle can be used to hide your nose.
What society may consider being an attractive nose on a woman does not necessarily look attractive on a man. Skilled triple board-certified facial plastic surgeon Dr. Jose Barrera in San Antonio, TX, can confirm that male rhinoplasty is much different than for a female. Some features, such as the breadth of the bridge, how the nose is sculpted, and the degree of upturn at the tip, can mean all the difference between looking artificial or having a great-looking, masculine face.
How the Male Face is Different
The male nose is structurally different from that of a female, and the various angles and proportions need to be considered. In addition, men tend to have thicker layers of skin and more robust bone and cartilage structures than women.
With all these differences, there is no “one way” to create an ideal nose for everyone. A male patient’s unique facial features need to be considered, and the procedure carefully customized for each patient. Your surgeon will examine your entire face and enhance your nose to make it fit you and only you. A rhinoplasty procedure should never be “one-size-fits-all.”
Your Rhinoplasty Consultation
When you come in for your initial consultation at Jose Barrera MD Plastic Surgery & Medspa, you’ll find that Dr. Barrera has an advanced understanding of facial anatomy, exceptional surgical skills, and a proven talent for creating natural-looking results. During your consultation, he’ll make sure that you have realistic expectations and only recommend male rhinoplasty if he feels the procedure can safely meet your aesthetic goals.
During your consultation, he will review your health history, evaluate your nose, and note what you wish to change. Some men may have sustained damage to the nose after an accident or a sports injury. Others may simply dislike the size or shape of their nose or may list one or more of the most common reasons male patients elect to have rhinoplasty, including:
- Overly wide nostrils
- Depressions or a prominent bump on the bridge of the nose
- An unflattering angle between the upper lip and the nose
- Crooked nose
- Hooked nose
- Rounded or bulbous tip on the nose
- Deviated septum, which inhibits breathing
If you wish to correct a previous rhinoplasty, Dr. Barrera can assess your candidacy for revision rhinoplasty.
The Benefits of Rhinoplasty
Male rhinoplasty is facial surgery that restructures the nose for either aesthetic or structural issues, and the procedure has many benefits for men who are considering this type of surgery, including:
- Facial symmetry: With each procedure being fully customized, the result is a masculine nose that is well balanced with the rest of the features of the patient’s face. Sometimes, chin augmentation may also be recommended to strengthen a recessed or weak chin and balance the newly structured nose.
- Eliminate unwanted nasal features: Inherited traits such as a bulbous tip, bump on the bridge, or wide nostrils, can also be amended with rhinoplasty.
- Structural defects: A broken nose or an old nose injury can be repaired while, at the same time, the patient’s overall appearance can be enhanced with rhinoplasty.
- Difficulty breathing: While not considered a cosmetic change, a deviated septum can be repaired with sinus/nasal surgery to promote better breathing and better sleep quality.
Find Out More About Male Rhinoplasty in San Antonio, TX
Whether you would like a minor adjustment or a more dramatic change, it’ beneficial to have an honest discussion with triple board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jose Barrera about your expectations and wishes. He will show you how he can balance your nose with your face while complementing your unique features.
Discover your best surgery options with an in-person consultation for a complete facial evaluation and customized treatment plan based on your goals. Our team is committed to providing each patient with an optimal outcome with natural-looking results. Please contact or call us today at (210) 468-5426!