Why Dr. Jose Barrera?
Triple Board Certified Surgeon – Dr. Jose Barrera, MD, FACS has achieved triple board-certification in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Sleep Medicine and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Barrera maintains his board certification in Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic Surgery.
A Multi-Disciplinary Approach – Dr. Jose Barrera, MD, FACS transforms lives and changes futures by helping his patients repair facial trauma and damage, highlight and enhance natural beauty, and correct sleep problems and airway obstructions.
Truly Cares – As a dedicated airman in the US Air Force Reserves, a talented surgeon, and the creator of transformations for men and women throughout San Antonio, Dr. Barrera offers a unique skillset with a compassionate approach.
High Patient Satisfaction Rate – Dr. Jose Barrera, MD, FACS has over 400, Five star Google, Realself, and Healthgrades reviews.
Consistent, Natural Results in Rhinoplasty, Facelift & Eyelid Surgery – View Dr. Barrera’s comprehensive photo gallery. His results speak for themselves.
Recognition – Dr. Jose Barrera, MD, FACS has won multiple top doctor awards and was chosen as a top 100 cosmetic influencer by Realself.
Gives back – In addition to running his practice, Dr. Jose Barrera, MD, FACS is also a master surgeon and clinical professor in the US Department of Defense.
Top Doctor Awards
Dr. Jose Barrera, MD, FACS has become synonymous with excellence and professionalism within the realm of facial plastic surgery. He is wholly committed to going far beyond his patients’ expectations and strives to deliver the best facial plastic surgery results and experience in Texas. Dr. Barrera has assembled top-quality surgeons, treatments, and resources that put his practice among the country’s best facial plastic surgery practices.
Dr. Jose Barrera, MD, FACS specializes in facial plastic surgeries such as facelifts, necklifts, and rhinoplasties, as well as sleep and sinus surgeries and non-surgical medspa procedures. He has earned countless awards and recognitions for his exceptional contributions to his craft.
Some of these include:
- Named Master Surgeon by the Uniformed Services University
- Surgeon of the Year by the Pacific Air Force
- Top Researcher by the Department of Defense & George Washington University
- SuperDoctors from 2014 – 2020
- Top 100 Cosmetic Influencers in the United States
- Co-chair of the Advances in Rhinoplasty Meeting for the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (2020)
- President of the South Texas Society of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (2020 – 2021)
- Clinical Professor of Surgery at the Uniformed Services University
- Adjunct Associate Clinical Professor for Facial Plastic Surgery at UT Health