Texas Center for Facial Plastic and Laser Surgery: An AAAASF Accredited Surgical Facility in San Antonio, TX
Come into Texas Center for Facial Plastic and Laser Surgery to experience the personalized, world-class care our facility is known for. Having an on-site surgical center allows us to provide higher quality care than what patients receive at hospitals. Our surgical suites are equipped with the surgical tools, lighting, power and equipment designed specifically for plastic surgery.
At the Texas Center in San Antonio, TX our board-certified plastic surgeons provide outstanding breast and body contouring including: breast augmentation, breast lift, breast reduction, liposuction, mommy makeover and tummy tuck surgery results in San Antonio, TX. Our team will enhance your overall appearance with natural-looking results you can enjoy for years.
Texas Center for Facial Plastic and Laser Surgery is one of the few aesthetic practices in San Antonio to hold accreditation from the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities. We are committed to patient safety and maintain this accreditation to demonstrate our high standards to potential patients.
In addition to our AAAASF accredited surgical facility, our patients receive care from one of the best-qualified plastic surgeons in Texas. Our plastic surgeon is board-certified, dual fellowship-trained and is an active researcher and leader in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. Dr. Barrera has researched and published extensively about sleep medicine and plastic surgery, his areas of medical expertise.
What Does Having AAAASF Accreditation Mean?
We are proud to be one of the few plastic surgery practices in San Antonio with an on-site surgery center that maintains AAAASF accreditation. AAAASF accreditation is the gold standard in American medical facility accreditation. When a facility obtains and maintains this accreditation, patients know that their safety is paramount and that the necessary steps have been taken to ensure the operating facility is properly equipped and maintained for their procedures.
To obtain AAAASF accreditation, an on-site surgical facility must:
- Meet 100% of AAAASF standards, some of the most stringent surgical facility standards in the nation
- Remain fully equipped to perform procedures in the medical specialties listed
- Pass a rigorous evaluation to initially qualify and to maintain accreditation
- Have standards are in place for optimal patient safety
- Meet strict standards, as well as their doctors, medical specialists, anesthesiologists, and other providers
- Consent to regular peer-review, improving patient outcomes by pooling together the expertise of multiple providers in the field
- Prioritize informed consent for all procedures
- Receive yearly re-evaluation with an annual self-survey and on-site inspection every 3 years
- Commit to providing transparent billing and maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality
- Address any deficiencies within 30 days of discovery
AAAASF is constantly improving their accreditation with regular revisions to standards, ensuring they remain at the forefront of patient safety.
Why Choose an On-Site AAAASF Surgical Facility
Where you receive surgery matters. There are many benefits to receiving your plastic surgery procedures at an on-site, ambulatory surgery facility.
Having our own surgical facility is a lot of extra work, however, we firmly believe Texas Center provides benefits to our patients that are well worth considering. We are committed to having an on-site surgical facility for the following reasons:
We fully support and understand the need for giving priority to emergencies in a hospital setting, but when you’re planning an elective procedure, giving emergencies preference can lead to a lot of delays. With an on-site surgical facility, we’re in charge of scheduling and can minimize delays and inconveniences.
Our patients are exclusively patients receiving plastic surgery, ENT, and sleep medicine procedures. These patients exhibit disease at a far lower rate than the thousands of patients in a hospital. At an on-site surgical center, infections take place at a fraction of those occurring at a hospital.
Our standards are very high and with an on-site surgical center, we have the power to ensure these exacting standards are met. Dr. Barrera personally oversees the sanitation and maintenance of our surgical facility. He is the medical director of our facility.
Texas Center for Facial Plastic and Laser Surgery is known for our personalized care. We staff our facility with the most caring, competent individuals. Having an on-site surgical facility ensures that this customized care continues on surgery day. Our patient satisfaction rates are very high, and having our own surgical facility is important for keeping it that way.
Ambulatory surgical facilities are often more affordable than hospitals. You’ll receive the same quality care you’d receive in a hospital setting, but at a lower price point.
Emergencies are rare, but when they do occur, we have the training, experience, and equipment to handle the situation on-site. Hospital transfers happen seamlessly when needed.
Not all ambulatory surgical facilities hold themselves to these high standards. Always seek a surgical center that is accredited by the AAAASF, the most respected organization in surgical center accreditation.
In-Office or at Our AAAASF Accredited Surgical Center in San Antonio- Where Will Your Aesthetic Procedure Happen?
Many non-surgical cosmetic treatments can be performed at our beautiful office location. If your procedure is performed using local anesthesia or oral sedation, you’ll likely receive treatment in a treatment room at our office location. In-office treatments include:
For procedures requiring general anesthesia, patients typically receive surgery at our AAAASF accredited surgical facility, located on-site just footsteps away from our office. Top procedures at our surgical center include:
Choosing Texas Center for Facial Plastic and Laser Surgery for Your Surgical Procedures
We are committed to providing our patients with the best possible plastic surgery experience. When you have surgery at the Texas Center for Facial Plastic and Laser Surgery, you can be assured that:
- Barrera has earned board-certification from the American Board of Otolarynologogy- Head and Neck Surgery and the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Barrera has hospital privileges at local area hospitals including CHRISTUS Santa Rosa in Alamo Heights.
- Patients can easily get in touch with questions and concerns throughout the surgical process.
- Our outpatient, office, and surgical facility meets and exceeds hospital standards.
- Our facility is fully equipped to perform procedures in Dr. Barrera’s medical specialties.
- Anesthesia professionals are present to administer deeper levels of anesthesia, if needed.
- The surgical environment is safe and clean.
- Individual cases are subject to peer review and oversight.
- The facility maintains fiscal responsibility.