Photofractional Laser Resurfacing | The “lunch time” laser
Dr. Jose Barrera, MD is a San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon offering Photofractional Laser treatments, Intense Pulse Light, ResurFX nonablative laser treatments, and CO2 laser skin resurfacing to improve scars, wrinkles, sun spots, brown spots, telengiectasias, and vascular lesions. The Lumenis® Photofractional™ treatment is a complete skin rejuvenation solution, optimally tailored to address even the early signs of aging. It offers noticeable results for pigmentation, age/sun spots, fine lines and overall skin appearance. With Photofractional™ downtime is minimal, so you can get a “lunch time” treatment and return to your busy lifestyle.
Why Photofractional Laser Resurfacing?
- Dramatically improves the appearance of stretch marks on thighs, buttocks, abdomen and chest
- Effective on mature as well as new stretch marks
- Experience minimal downtime and return to your busy lifestyle
- Feel confident and wear what you want
What is Photofractional Laser Resurfacing?
The Lumenis® Photofractional solution
The Lumenis® Photofractional treatment is a highly effective method for improving the appearance of stretch marks on different areas of your body.
Our unique technology combines two solutions, IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) and ResurFX non-ablative skin resurfacing, so that both skin tone and texture can be treated simultaneously. No matter if you have older stretch marks from puberty, or newer ones from pregnancy, PhotofractionalTM is an effective laser treatment to help you regain smooth skin.
Is Photofractional Laser Resurfacing safe?
Developed by the pioneer of aesthetic medicine and trusted by leading professionals around the world, Photofractional is clinically validated to safely and effectively treat stretch marks.
How does Photofractional Laser Resurfacing work?
By combining both IPL and ResurFX technologies, both skin pigmentation and texture can be treated at the same time. Lumenis® IPL technology removes unwanted pigment from the skin, while the ResurFX fractional laser stimulates the production of new collagen and elastin fibers in the deeper layers of the skin. Stimulating new collagen production is the key to a smoother, tighter looking skin.
Photofractional Laser: The treatment for Acne, Facial Scars, and Skin tightening
To ensure the utmost comfort, San Antonio Plastic Surgeon Dr. Jose Barrera, MD applies a topical numbing cream before treatment and/or use air cooling during treatment. Depending on the area being treated, you can expect the session to last 15-30 minutes. You may experience a warm or prickling sensation as the laser is applied to the skin, but the treatment is gentle and should not feel uncomfortable.
Laser microbeams heat the deeper layers of the skin to stimulate collagen and elastin fibers, and intense pulses of light address pigmentation.
The advanced scanner delivers the laser beams in a precise manner with integrated cooling to ensure maximum comfort.
What is the difference between BBL and IPL?
BBL stands for broadband light treatment and IPL stands for Intense Pulse Light treatment. We offer the Lumenis IPL treatment which is rated best IPL treatment for several reasons. IPL with Optimal Pulse Technology (OPT) is used for acne treatment, laser hair removal, pigmented lesions, wrinkles, vascular abnormalities like rosacea, and scars.
BBL is broadband light. BBL is broadband and cannot distinguish power and wavelengths. IPL with OPT offers a wide range of specific wavelengths, pulses, and power settings. We offer Lumenis IPL with OPT. Rejuvenation specialists at RejuveMD MedSpa specializes in laser skin resurfacing. Specific notch filters for acne scarring and vascular abnormalities.
What is IPL With Optimal Pulse Technology (OPT™)
IPL with OPT™ has several advantages.
- IPL with OPT controls pulse, duration, and energy. Lumenis IPL with OPT equalizes energy distribution over the entire pulse
- IPL with OPT is more comfortable for patients receiving acne and vascular abnormalities as well as pigment problems.
- Lumenis IPL can offer higher power with shorter pulses which delivers the best treatments for pigment problems, photorejuvenation, and benign pigmented lesions.
- IPL with OPT™ delivers specific fluence per pulse which targets skin lesions, pigment problems, and vascular abnormalities.
- Lumenis IPL can be combined Erbium Glass laser to photorejuvenation patients who are looking for improved pigment and skin texture.