Winter is behind us, with its drying and dulling effects on our complexions. Next up: the wedding season, when we want to look our absolute best. What can you do to get a smooth, even, glowing complexion for those special events on your calendar? Whether you’re the bride, a bridesmaid, or another member of an upcoming wedding celebration, there are steps you can take, starting now, to build that glow in your skin.
Many skin improvements take time, so it’s crucial to start them early. You might begin with a professional assessment to identify your particular issues. Is dead skin on the surface of your face contributing to a dull complexion? Is your skin too dry? Are uneven coloring or dark spots a problem? Do you need to soften wrinkles? Knowing which issues to address for the most beautiful complexion can help you plan and focus your efforts.
Adopt Healthy Habits for Healthy Skin
Some of the steps you take to keep yourself healthy are also great for your skin.
- Drink plenty of water: It keeps your body hydrated and helps to keep your skin from drying out.
- Eat moisture- and nutrient-rich foods: These include watermelon, grapefruit, tomatoes, cucumber, and kale.
- Exercise: It strengthens your circulation, including blood flow to your skin, and the sweat of strenuous activity cleans your pores.
- Sleep well: Healthy sleep habits are important for mind and body health — and for a smooth, glowing complexion.
- Avoid skin damage and uneven coloration from sun exposure: Stay out of the sun as much as you can, wear wide-brimmed hats to shade your face, and use sunscreen faithfully.
Use Effective Skin-Care Products
A professional evaluation can help you select products that address your needs. Use a moisturizer specific to your skin type. Dry and oily skin types demand different moisturizer formulations. Ingredients like hyaluronic acid and ferulic acid help your skin retain water from within. Wash you face every night with a gentle soap or facial cleanser, using your hands or a soft facial cleansing brush to work out dirt and impurities without causing abrasion.
Consider Cosmetic Treatments for More Dramatic Improvements
Cosmetic treatments can give your skin a more noticeable beauty boost. To genuinely improve your complexion, it’s often necessary to stimulate it from below, with treatments that increase the production of collagen and that speed the generation of fresher, brighter, and more evenly colored surface skin.
When we notice a woman’s “glowing” complexion, we’re reacting unconsciously to several characteristics, including color, smoothness, and evenness of skin tone. Different cosmetic treatments address different aspects of your complexion and appearance.
- Medical-grade facials clarify the skin and bring back youthful luster and shine.
- Chemical peels and microdermabrasion remove dull, coarsened skin from the surface and stimulate the growth of smoother, brighter skin to replace it.
- Laser skin resurfacing and intense pulsed light therapy lighten areas of discolored skin for a more even look and trigger the production of collagen in the skin’s middle and lower layers, which helps it retain moisture. These treatments can also improve the skin’s elasticity and resilience.
- Dermal fillers and Botox and Dysport help give your face a smoother, younger look by softening lines and wrinkles.
Dr. José Barrera’s ReJuveMD MedSpa in San Antonio, Texas, offers all of these cosmetic treatments to give your skin a beautiful glow for this year’s wedding season. Dr. Barrera is a nationally renowned and top-rated facial plastic surgeon in San Antonio, TX. His patients rate him highly for his caring approach and stunning results. Contact Dr. Barrera’s practice today at (210) 468-5246 or send an online request to schedule a consultation.